Directions For Wellness Inc. (DFWI) is a cost effective training provider alternative to the larger Public and Corporate Institutions.
Directions For Wellness Inc. (DFWI) was formed in 1997. We have been providing outstanding program design and delivery in Edmonton and Central Alberta for over sixteen years.
What We Do
We believe that all individuals should be provided with the opportunity to increase their capabilities. We are dedicated to the promotion of holistic change in peoples’ lives. We focus on both personal and professional aspects in a person’s life so they find success in both areas.
DFWI is a cost effective training provider alternative to the larger Public and Corporate Institutions. Our participants’ successes are enhanced by our ability to focus on quality, professional dedication and the importance of community
The four divisions of DFWI include Job Seeker Services, Employer/Corporate Services, Health Services and Aboriginal Services. These four divisions may sound very separate but all link together in one form or another.
Our leaders, Wayne and Sherri Di Lallo have the skills and experience to lead DFWI to help all people be successful in life. Wayne is in charge of the Career Services and Personal & Professional Development divisions. His background focuses on experience in management; Career training. Wayne’s down to earth, methodical management style has developed many flourishing relationships with government, industry, First Nations and various inter agency colleagues. He has been facilitating, designing, coordinating and administering Career and Personal Development programs since 1990. He has been actively involved in delivering programs with Alberta Works (AW) in Wetaskiwin over the last nine years.
Sherri is head of the Health & Wellness and Aboriginal Services divisions. Sherri received Masters in Nursing from Athabasca University on June 8, 2012. Being Metis, Sherri stuck to her roots by focusing on Aboriginal Health after achieving her BScN in 1997 and she continues to advocate for Women’s Wellness. Her passion has always been to ascertain and provide effective and sufficient health services for all people.
Awards and Accomplishments
- GoA Alberta Works Employer of Choice Award from the Camrose Chamber of Commerce in 2013
- Wetaskiwin & District Chamber of Commerce President’s Award for displaying exemplary commitment and dedication to the Wetaskiwin & District Chamber of Commerce and Business Community 2012.
- Honored as a member of Stanfords Who’s Who 2011
- Wetaskiwin and District Chamber of Commerce Employer of the Year 2010
- President of the Wetaskiwin and District Chamber of Commerce; Wayne Di Lallo, elected into his third term.
- Sherri Implementation of the Aboriginal Women Wellness Clinic with Dr. Badawi 2009.
- Sherri proposed, developed, implemented and managed the Prenatal Wellness Clinic 2009.
- Aboriginal Prenatal Wellness Program developed by Sherri Di Lallo and Dr. Hendriks at the Wetaskiwin Family Medical Practice Clinic 2005.
- Development, implementation and administration of the Metis Nurse Nurse program in collaboration with Metis Nation of Alberta and Grant MacEwan College 1997.
- “Diabetes Information to Share With Your Family” co-authored by Sherri Di Lallo.
- Continuously implements and administers organization development strategies.
- Specialized knowledge base includes: women’s health, addiction, domestic violence, personal and career development and corporate human resource consulting.